Licensing help in France

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:50:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am including an email from the Fedora users mailing list regarding
licensing issues with the GPL. I felt the original poster would get more
help here than from the other list where the danger of innaccurate
information is somewhat higher.

Regards,

Jeremiah

OP follows -
___

Hi all

I am asking this list for advise since I don't know where to get help on
this issue. I tried mailing the Free Software Foundation but they
haven't answered my mail.

So I am making a product, that was originally meant to be distributed as
GPL. Now the buyer asks me to release it under a comercial license.
Here's the catch: One module of the product uses LGPL'ed code, and the
icons used in the product are GPL as well. Would it be possible for me
to make a comercial license that says: License for 'module X', and
'icons': GPL License for the total product: not free. Does anyone has
experience with this or know where to turn to for these kind of questions?

With kind regards
Andy