Key escrow in the UK

Christophe Espern cespern at no-log.org
Fri Jul 29 12:11:46 UTC 2005

Le Vendredi 29 Juillet 2005 09:04, Ben Finney a écrit :
> On 28-Jul-2005, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> > Now there are public calls by the Police to allow them to engage in
> > key escrow ..
[..]
> Bruce Schneier raises more concerns in this particular case:
>

> <URL:http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/07/uk_police_and_e.html>

In France we have also already a law wich "allows the police to jail people
who don't surrender encryption keys" when they are suspected.

But it's different from what you seem to say  (or maybe I don't understand).

Does the UK governement really want all the people using encryption in order
to protect their privacy provide a copy of their private key before using
it ?