Licensing question (GPL or LGPL) (Ben Finney) (Wim De Smet)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 8 22:21:10 UTC 2005

On 08-Jul-2005, Sam wrote:
> Considering the feedback here

I hope you also followed the only actual recommendation given, which
was to seek qualified legal counsel conversant with your specific
situation.

> we decided for LGPL (for the C++ API) and GPL (for the pure-data
> external), which is what we originally wanted.

It would have been good to discuss this in context of your licensing
goals, and your pre-existing reasons for preferring one license over
another, but I never saw those questions answered.

> You can find the work here:
> http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/mootcher.php

Thanks for working to free your software!

--
 \     "I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no |
  `\    feet. So I said, 'Got any shoes you're not using?'"  -- Steven |