[Fsfe-uk] EU swpat - Ag and Fish attempt 2

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 24 22:44:17 UTC 2005

On 21-Jan-2005, Roger Leigh wrote:
> What exactly does Agriculture and Fisheries have to do with software
> patents?  Surely that council is responsible for agriculture and
> fisheries?

Precisely.  So pushing an addition to an existing bill, long after
discussion for the bill closes and a day before the vote, they tag some
patent law into it hoping that the council won't know enough to question
it.

--
 \         "I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering."  -- |
  `\                                                     Steven Wright |