swpat to be council A point *again*?

Henrik Sandklef hesa at sandklef.com
Fri Feb 11 16:13:56 UTC 2005

http://wiki.ffii.org/Cons050211En

"According to FFII's sources, Denmark continues to demand postponement
of the planned adoption of the Council's software patent draft. A
Council diplomat meanwhile confirmed that it is not on the Council
agenda at the 17th February. Yesterday the Dutch Parliament passed a
motion that requests the NL Government to ensure that the Commission
will get enough time to answer the EU Parliament. Halfway the preceding
debate, Dutch Minister of Foreign Trade Van Gennip admitted that she
thinks it would be "unwise" if Luxembourg would put the issue on the
agenda next week. It was doubted whether the Dutch Government will act
according to NL Parliament's will this time. This news from Denmark will
make it very easy for the Dutch Government to obey Parliament. Aanother
small memberstate opposes an adoption on February 17th: Denmark. The
FFII is organising a demonstration in support of the national
Parliaments and the EP's Conference of Presidents on 17 February in
Brussels, when the Council intended to adopt its May 2004 text as an
A-item. A press conference will be held at the Marriott Renaissance on
19, Rue du Parnasse, from 13h30 to 14h30."