Mobile Phone using Free Software??

Patrick Ohnewein patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org
Mon Dec 19 11:48:28 UTC 2005

Hi Henrik!

Henrik Sandklef schrieb:
>  I was offered a telephone (for free) the other day (when renewing my
> "account"). I saw that it had some DRM aware software in it, so I said
> no. I am now looking for a free (as in GPL) mobile phone that I will
> buy/get instead, if there is any such phone.

Not fully free yet, but it comes with GNU/Linux preinstalled and there
is a project trying to create a full free environment for it.

It's the Motorola A780. I bought it in Germany. The european version has
GPS support.

I collected some links here:

http://member.lugbz.org/wiki/MotorolaA780

Happy hacking!