Free Music License?

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Aug 24 17:26:20 UTC 2005

   The real problem is misattribution and invariant sections are a
   very blunt tool for attacking that. If I want to misattribute
   something to you, I don't need to use your expressions. I can
   just plain make stuff up (as people often do to me) and
   attribute it to you and your copyright licence won't matter.

Then those people are liable for defamnation.  They are not if I
change what you wrote and gave explicit permission to do so.

   Using a copyright licence for this only hurts friendly people who
   like your work and want to re-use it. Bad people who want to make
   you look bad will still make you look bad.

The GFDL doesn't hurt anyone who is friendly, only those who are unfriendly.

   Unmodifiable unremovable advertising, even for your wife and cookies,
   does not make any more sense for documentation. Why not have a program
   that pops up a window with the recipe and thanks at certain times?
   Those things are called "nag boxes" for a reason.

You obvioulsy don't get the difference between non-functional and
functional works, please try and figure out why they are different
before continuting with these comparisons.