Free Music License?

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Mon Aug 15 18:37:05 UTC 2005

   *Programs*, music and documentation, articles are different kinds
   of work. Software is a representation. It can be a representation
   of programs, music, documentation or whatever.

Sorry, you are wrong.  Software and programs are equivialent; and
software is not music, documentation or whatever.  Atleast in the
world of computing science.

   [...] The author of a verbatim-copy opinion piece is cutting their
   own nose off to spite their face, too: if I need to adapt an idea
   to my audience and I can't adapt their expression, then I don't use
   their expression and I'll probably only cite the primary sources.

You can use their expression, aslong as you don't change it.  You can
also quote pieces (fair use).