Free Music License?

francois schnell francois.schnell at free.fr
Mon Aug 15 22:56:57 UTC 2005

Ben Finney wrote:

>On 14-Aug-2005, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>

>>For music, I'd say that a simple `verbatim copying' license would be
>>enough.
>>

>Verbatim only? That fails to grant freedom to modify and redistribute.
>Do you think such a license should be called "free"?

Hello :)

I don't know if it can be usefull to the discussion but I believe
CC-by-sa (attribution- sharealike) is fine for artists who want a
"GPL-like" licence for arts.

An example of what is possible thanks to the "GPL-like freedoms" for music:
http://francois.schnell.free.fr/wordpress/?p=9

An example of a  website with CC-by-sa musics and derivatives works:
http://www.opsound.org/

francois