Official Firefox binaries non-free

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at kemisten.nu
Tue Apr 5 17:25:02 UTC 2005

   > [...] They cannot drop the name either, if we're being sensible.

   They can abandon the trademark effort, if they're being sensible.

I think a better compromise would be if Mozilla allowed free software
projects to be exempt from this trademark mess.

   By not enforcing their trademarks as harshly previously,

Sadly, this can't be done, since they could loose the trademark in
that case.  It is either the "my way or the high way" here.

But I think that the compromise I suggest would allow the Mozilla
Foundation to keep their trademark, but I'm not a laywer, and my
trademark law knowledge is slim.

Cheers.