Official Firefox binaries non-free

Thomas Linden tom at co.daemon.de
Mon Apr 4 20:44:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:21:17PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> It seems that Firefox binaries are covered by an end user license
> agreement that might even not allow redistribution
> and they contain proprietary code for error reporting: Talkback.

They are free to use any license they want. Who cares?!

> Tell people about Firefox's problems to
> help pressuring binary producers to not create such problems
> and learn to pay attention.

Is this the role of the FSF? To pressure people? I don't see any
problems with firefox at all. And it is not the FSF to decide which
license is right and which is not.

Freedom also means to let people decide themselfes how they want to do
things, not to tell them how they shall do it.

You have to learn a lot.

kind regards, Tom

--
 \|/