Fw: Query about GNU-GPL

Niall Douglas s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod.com
Sat Apr 2 00:55:28 UTC 2005

On 1 Apr 2005 at 11:29, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>    Now if you guys don't like diversity of opinion, then I'll leave.
>
> We don't like your lies and name calling, and hostile tone.
>
> You also have a fundamentally wrong understanding about the GPL, it
> has no intention of "freeing software", it is about those who use the
> software, the users, that the GPL frees and protects.

Alfred replied to a private email from me continuing the offtopic
elements of this discussion to say that I was being too hostile for
him to reply. I therefore assume he is trolling and I will not
continue this thread on a public forum with him.

Shame, as judging from the last post of his I clearly rattled him. Ah
well, c'est la vie! If anyone wants more on my views on the more
popular free software licenses, I have an outdated but still useful
page at http://www.nedprod.com/programs/definition.html. Y'all be
happy!

Cheers,
Niall