swpat, where are we?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Sep 3 00:49:30 UTC 2004

I was directed to
http://europa.eu.int/abc/doc/off/bull/en/200405/p103027.htm#anch0042
which is the EU Bulletin claiming the council agreed common position
in May. This is also reflected in the "legislative observatory" record
for the swpat proposal, although no new EuroParl date has appeared
there. I had heard there was some dispute about it. What information
source is binding, if any?

 From the draft agenda, it looks like the 13-16 September plenary will
be concerned with budgets, stability, human rights and Iraq. The next
plenary is 13 October 2004 - 28 October 2004, so watch
http://wwwdb.europarl.eu.int/ep/owa/p_calses.plenary?ilg=EN&iorig=plenary&istcmd=
for an agenda in case swpat appears.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast