Commercial use of font with GPL licence

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Wed Oct 27 21:56:13 UTC 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 00:17, Lars wrote:
>  > in our pps system. Because of the GPL this is not allowed

According to my understanding, they want to use your font in a proprietary
non-GPL application. I am not lawyer and this is not legal advice.

> I don't understand what his problem is and I don't see problems with

According to the best of my partial knowledge, GPL has some restrictions when
it comes to linking with non-Free programs. I am not lawyer and this is not
legal advice.

> May this company take the font and give it away to customers if the GPL

Personally I think that LGPL would be a better choice if your intention is to
allow easy incorporation of your font in non-Free applications. I am not
lawyer and this is not legal advice.

--
NSK
Admin of http://portal.wikinerds.org