Is this the appropiate list?

Xavier Amatriain xamat at iua.upf.es
Mon Oct 18 10:10:02 UTC 2004

No, no... I already know about that page.

I will issue a question I have so it is clearer:

I have sometimes seen extensions to the Matlab program that are
published under the GPL. That is, a researcher implements some algorithm
in Matlab and publishes on his/her webpage under the GPL. My question
is: is that even possible? How can a piece of software that requires of
something such as Matlab, which is definitely non-Free, using a non-Free
language be published under the GPL?

--
********* Xavier Amatriain ********