Source-Code

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 26 20:37:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 08:23:08PM +0100, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> Hope I can get here some help. I downloaded a socalled Mepis Live-CD
> from http://www.mepis.org I didnt found the source CD of it.
> Mepis is  another Knoppix, based on KDE. I tired to write to info at mepis.org
> nothing happend. I tried to reach Mr. Warren, the guy behind Mepis,
> also no answer. Today i reached a socalled Right Holder, located in Europe.
> He answered, correct, he's the Right's Holder for Europe ( the Guy from Mepis
> itself is located in US ) I ask Sphinxos, how i get the sourceCD of Mepis,
> they answered, sorry we dont have the sources and send me back to the US Guy.
> Mepis itself is distributed under the GPL.
>

> http://www.mepis.org
> http://www.sphinxos.com

If they are distributing software under GNU GPL from other right
holders without accompaining it with the source or the written offer
then they have probably have violated the GNU GPL.
So they are not allowed to distribute that software anymore.
You must find a copyright holder of such a software package
that is willing to go into the next legal steps.