Microsoft paid $10m directly to the top official of the CCIA

Matthias Kirschner mk at mbwg.de
Wed Nov 24 22:25:42 UTC 2004

* Tristan Miller <psychonaut at nothingisreal.com> [2004-11-24 19:35:08 +0100]:

> According to the CCIA web page [1], their corporate members include OSDL
> and Red Hat, which are widely known as advocates and beneficiaries of Free
> Software which competes with Microsoft.  Have either of these companies
> issued a statement on CCIA's decision?

I don't know about others companies, but according to The Register it
seems that Nokia has left CCIA:

  "Handset maker Nokia left the trade group complaining that events had
  not been properly handled." [1]

Have you already seen the new press-release? [2]

Best wishes,
Matze

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/24/microsoft_makes_millionaire/
[2] http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2004q4/000083.html