Strategy (was Re: Improving copyright)

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun May 16 19:22:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 20:19 +0100, Niall Douglas wrote:
> This is why in previous posts to Jeroen I stressed the need to spread
> the IDEALS, the way of thinking of the free software movement. Actual
> free software itself is far less important. If you make Linux all
> singing all dancing but if MS is still raking in billions a year
> exploiting the users, then as far as I am concerned Linux has
> achieved *nothing*.

I'm not particularly interested in the promotion of a particular kernel,
like Linux.

I agree that what is important are the ideals of Free Software, but what
you're saying is stick the ideals on the freezer and just show free
appliations that work on non-free software.

That's not the purpose of Free Software, you're not getting the ideals,
I'm afraid.

You're promoting freedom wearing shackles.

Rui