NT: free software and money

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Mar 29 14:23:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 12:56 +0200, Moritz Sinn wrote:
> "what's good for me is good for all", isn't that the principle? of
> course its bad for the society if knowledge cannot be shared. but
> capitalism has immanent rules, it doesn't follow what's good for society
> it follows the profit.

(...)

> when i speak of economy i mean capitalism, because its our economy
> today. though every company is selfish as you say and follows its own
> strategy, they've all in common that they have to make as much profit as
> possible. this main common interest also gives all companies, and that's
> what i mean when speaking of "the economy", having similar political
> interests. one of these interests is to protect intellectual monopoly.

Capitalism doesn't really match with knowledge society and the
knowledgeable worker.

Capitalism bases remuneration on work time, while most IT work is
project based... and development speed is more knowledge based than time
based.

I think we're on the verge of a new form. Some people call it
Digitalism... I don't know if that term is gaining ground or not.

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?