juridical Question on software and GPL

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Mon Mar 29 09:17:15 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
>>Microsoft has a preimum and complete offering, that when you purchase
>>you have numerous guarantees of everything working together.  Your
>>buying an assurance to that (putting defects/problems aside).
> No you don't. No you don't.
> You have reasonable expectations of everything working together (and
> they frequently don't) and you don't buy any assurance since they
> explicitly deny any warranty or responsability.

I was just saying that to support Niall's position on piece of mind.  I
have no problem agreeing with you that you aren't actually purchasing
anything since MS specifically says they don't promise their software
does anything (though a local court would be more than happy to tell MS
that regardless of what they say they are somehow responsible).

So, if you aren't buying an assurance of anything, thus no piece of
mind, from Microsoft, what exactly are your buying from them?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect