French GPL-compatible License

Simone Piunno pioppo at ferrara.linux.it
Mon Jul 12 22:49:12 UTC 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 23:29, gandhi_quilombo wrote:

> Another problem is that in Europe, you only make a law when you are
> absolutely sure you can enforce it,

You must be kidding, or you must have missed some recent italian pearls ;)
We have laws asking people to attach special stickers to every authorized copy
of copyrighted work (this one has been mostly dropped now, after a long
debate), or asking people to send and register in two national libraries a
copy of every version of everything published on the internet, or asking
people to make sure that every informative and regularly updated site on the
Internet has a state-sanctioned (through an exam) known responsible person.
And don't get me started on laws where almost all MPs said "it's is a really
broken law, so right now we'll approve it and then we'll change it later".
Of course it has yet to be changed but police has been instructed not to
enforce it. ;)

--
http://thisurlenablesemailtogetthroughoverzealousspamfilters.org