French GPL-compatible License

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnudd.com
Mon Jul 12 20:32:12 UTC 2004

> By law, you have one week to gave up from something you bought (since it
> is in good state), and three months of guarantee for most products.

Interesting. Could you please check what guarantee offer the proprietary
licenses in your country? It would be a good subject for comparison.

In Italy the minimum guarantee is 2 years, I think. Still, software
has no guarantee. Well, the _media_ is guaranteed, if you get a bad CD
you can have it replaced (still not refunded, I think), and shipping
back and forth may be an expense of yours (just happened to me with a
broken frame grabber, the italian distributor took months to replace
it and I got to pay for both shippings).

thanks
/alessandro