Looking for some official papers on FSF and UNESCO

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jan 30 16:30:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:41:38AM +0100, Patrick Ohnewein wrote:
> I am looking for a paper (possibly in German, Italian or English), which
> destimoniates that Free Software is a cultural benefit.
>
> Our local LUG wants to get Free Software acknowledged as cultural
> benefit by the local authorities. It's difficult, because of the lack of
> knowledge about software and information tecnologies in general. This
> makes it difficult to explain the connection to the topic of culture.
> Information society seams often just a buzzword, so we are looking for
> some documents to enforce our argumentation.

Usually GNU User groups in Germany go for "Volksbildung" (~ public education )

> Someone knows about any printable documents we could use?

What about the preambles of the constitutions of:
Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.
and
Free Software Foundatin Europe -- Chapter Germany e.V.

linked from:
	http://fsfeurope.org/about/legal/index.de.html

Also see:
http://fsfeurope.org/documents/documents.de.html

Searching for UNESCO and "Free Software" gives me:
	www.unesco.org/webworld/portal_freesoft/index.shtml

Warning: Not all of the information there is precise,
	like they sometimes use strange words like "FOSS"
	or suboptimal ones like "open source".
	like they don't know that RMS published his GNU ideas
	in September 1983 (they believe it was 1984).