Looking for some official papers on FSF and UNESCO

Patrick Ohnewein patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org
Fri Jan 30 10:41:38 UTC 2004

Hello!

After googling the net without any luck, I hope someone on this list,
could point me to the right place.

I am looking for a paper (possibly in German, Italian or English), which
destimoniates that Free Software is a cultural benefit.

Our local LUG wants to get Free Software acknowledged as cultural
benefit by the local authorities. It's difficult, because of the lack of
knowledge about software and information tecnologies in general. This
makes it difficult to explain the connection to the topic of culture.
Information society seams often just a buzzword, so we are looking for
some documents to enforce our argumentation.

The [1]statement made by Georg on Bookzilla could be a starting point,
but we would need a printable version.

Someone knows about any printable documents we could use?

Happy hacking!
Patrick

p.s. Even statements made by the UNO would be helpfull.

[1] http://www.bookzilla.de/shop/action/magazine?aUrl=90006951&mpid=2129

--
Save software competition, use GNU/Linux and a free Java implementation,
like GNU Classpath (http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/)!