what shall I do?

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jan 13 12:25:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 07:38, Ricardo Andere de Mello wrote:
> Who cares to the license? I'll do what I think is "right". If GPL stops me
> from doing what I believe, that is to free knowledge, I'll certainly break
> it. My compromise is with what I believe, not with a piece of paper.

The GPL doesn't stop anyone from sharing (freeing) knowledge.
Actually, it has provisions ensuring that except if someone doesn't
abide the law you will never be stopped from sharing knowledge.

Other than that, I believe it is not good advice to break the law, so
use the law in means that are favorable to society.

Copyleft is a way to use copyright to ensure that the knowledge remains
free.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?