what shall I do?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Tue Jan 13 11:34:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 01:24, alpha wrote:

> And piracy is stealing.

This is a very bad thing to say.

First of all, please avoid using the word piracy, you are not about
killing people, assaulting ships, destroying physical goods.
You are just making a copy that cost nothing and does not harm anyone.

Same is for stealing.
To steal is to subtract a physical good so that someone miss something.

If you get my laptop, that's stealing, as I will not be able to use it
anymore, but if you copy the software that's on it, that's not stealing,
as I will not missing anything.

Nonetheless making unauthorized copies is illegal, I'm not promoting in
any way the usage of unathorized copied software, nor non-free nor free.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Garofalo, 39 - 20133 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2953 4143 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399