what shall I do?

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at kemisten.nu
Thu Jan 8 20:34:19 UTC 2004

   Well, he pointed me to the website of the project, where they got
   it from, but there is just a newer version, not the version they
   put in their package. So till now I haven't been able to get the
   sources yet.

Don't they store older copies?  Was the repackaged version modified in
anyway? If it wasn't then giving a link to where they originally
downloaded the copy is perfectly OK I think.

   I also contacted the authors of former works. One couldn't be
   reached at all and the other doesn't care too much.

   So, what shall I do now?

As I see it, there isn't much you can do since you are not the
copyright holder.

Cheers.