MICE Economic Research Studies

Michael Gro� mgross at junetz.de
Wed Jan 7 16:06:26 UTC 2004

1. regarding my last posting: I do not imply that there is something phoney
about these papers; I'm just saying that I am not surprised that the
conclusion is pro Microsoft, when Microsoft Germany initiated these papers.

2. I have not had the time yet to read through these papers, but from an
economical point of view the conclusion actually could make sense: if you
have companies that sell mediocre proprietary software you need other
companies that offer software and services to meliorate the original
product.
(it is just like the environment pollution thing: having a company that
pollutes nature, and then having a company that does the decontamination
and clean-up economically makes perfectly sense: both produce something and
thus help raise the gross domestic product. Having only one company with a
"green" pruducing scheme is in terms of GDP less good).
Michael