Question regarding an article from Microsft Hellas's CEO

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Wed Feb 4 11:37:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 10:00, Giannis Stoilis wrote:
> Hello,
> I am the Secretary of the Hellenic Linux Users Group(http://www.hellug.gr/)
> In an interview given by "Microsoft Hellas
> S.A."(http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/) CEO(Mr. Christos Tsagkos) at the
> Hellenic Financial Newspaper Naftemporiki(E-WORKING Manazine, Page 4,
> Answer to the 4th question - http://www.naftemporiki.gr/[greek only]),
> there was an abstract saying, word by word: "Let me start by saying
> that, according to a recert reasearch by IDC, Windows is the least
> vulnerable operating system, regarding security issues. The research
> indicates that there are more than twice number of viruses for Linux
> than for Windows". I have searched every recent research from IDC but I
> haven't found that information.
> What do you advise us to do? We have already contacted IDC and waiting
> for a response.

MS has tryied, many times, saying that Linux have had twice the bugs
(not viruses) of windows.

They call them "security  problems".

So I think the poor man just got confused and said virus instead of
bugs, probably he thinks viruses are the only security problem on the
earth :-)

I think you should publicy state the facts as they are, regarding both
viruses and bugs found on both platforms.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Garofalo, 39 - 20133 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2953 4143 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399