Copyright of GPL / Canges Allowed?

Axel Schulz axel at schulz.ph
Fri Dec 10 12:34:50 UTC 2004

Hi!

This is not allowed, of course. Use another license instead.
Besides, I think you are looking for a non-free license, arent't you?

A license is some kind of refernce where everyone can look up the terms of conditions the license imposes to the license-taker. It is a legal document (I am not a lawyer!). You cannot change this document because you do not have the permissions. If you do so, you are not allowed to call it GNU/GPL anymore. It is like change the constitution until it fits your needs/wishes. Well, aou are free to do it. But it has no legal consequences/impact, it is just your own "self-made-constitution".

However, what you intend to do with the GPL is not possible/allowed!

cheers,
Axel