Copyright of GPL / Canges Allowed?

Michael Kjorling michael at kjorling.com
Fri Dec 10 12:17:23 UTC 2004

On 2004-12-10 12:54 +0100, inSicht at gmx.de wrote:
> Now I want to change the properties so, that anyone who wants to copy,
> distribute oder sell my software, has to ask me before.

Legally, you can do it, but you can't call the result the GPL, and
such terms also have the potential of causing some major practical
difficulties.

See <http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#ModifyGPL>.

--
Michael Kjörling, michael at kjorling.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
OpenPGP Fingerprint: 3723 9372 c245 d6a8 18a6 36ac  758F8749 BDE9ADA6