Copyright of GPL / Canges Allowed?

Laurence Finston lfinsto1 at gwdg.de
Fri Dec 10 12:15:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Kein Ende wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> is it allowed to make changes in the GPL down the GPL-Copyright preamble in
> a licence-file?

If you change it, it's not the GNU GPL anymore.  In this case, I strongly
recommend that you make it clear that the license is not the GNU GPL.

> Now I want to change the properties so, that anyone who wants to copy,
> distribute oder sell my software, has to ask me before.
>
> Can I do so, or is this not allowed by GPL?

The GNU GPL grants people certain rights.  If your
license does not grant them, then it's not free according to the
definition used by the FSF/GNU Project.

Laurence Finston
http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/LDF.html