Copyright of GPL / Canges Allowed?

Kein Ende inSicht at gmx.de
Fri Dec 10 11:54:33 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

is it allowed to make changes in the GPL down the GPL-Copyright preamble in
a licence-file?

Isn't it so, that the GPL guarantees us, that all under this preamble has to
be free for all?

Now I want to change the properties so, that anyone who wants to copy,
distribute oder sell my software, has to ask me before.

Can I do so, or is this not allowed by GPL?

GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 675 Mass Ave,
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute
verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

Preamble
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to
share and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended
to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software--to make sure
the software is free for all its users.

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!