Question: So, is software patentable or not...

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Mon Sep 29 09:50:32 UTC 2003

A Seg, 2003-09-29 às 10:36, Bernhard Reiter escreveu:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:07:00AM +0200, edA-qa mort-ora-y wrote:
> > Yes, it is a loaded question, but what is the general consensus towards
> > the final wording of the patent law and whether software is effectively
> > disqualified.
>
> Please note that there is no "final" wording of the "law" yet.
> The vote in the European parliament was about a proposed directive.
> That proposed directive is not active yet, so it still can be changed.

It's a bit worst than that. This was the first reading. Before the
second reading, the europarl must agree with the council of europe and
the comission on the final result. Unless we are extremely effective at
the national level at this moment, all the victories we had until now
can be undone.

--
João Miguel Neves <joao at silvaneves.org>