Help for video post-production needed, was: Software patents conference in Brussels

Robert Michel news at RobertMichel.de
Sat Sep 20 22:06:56 UTC 2003

Please forwared this to all list/groups about Softwae Patents
or other groups like media, DVB, video... that us can my help.

Salve,

I tried my best to find people who record the press conference broadcasted
european wide by satellite and to record the confrence by myself.
BUT there is still help needed.

Tomorrow at 12:00h will be a rebroadcast of the press confrence and only
a record of the english audio version exist, but not of the original, Frensh
or German one. So it is urgent that people with a DVB-S card and Eutelsat
tell me that they can record it:

Sunday 12h00

RETRANSMISSION
|OR|EN|FR|DE|

Length: 00:32:20
Starting time   12h00'00''

 Press conference on 'Software patents: for you to decide', prior to EP vote
at September II plenary session - Participants :Daniel Marc COHN-BENDIT,
Raina Mercedes ECHERER, Danielle AUROI, Neil MacCORMICK, Jim MURRAY, Director
of the BEUC, Paul KLINT, President of the EAPLS, Hakon WIUM LIE, CEO of
OPERA, recorded 17/09/03 - Information Society (European
Parliament, Brussels) (EPRef-30976)

Satellite receiving information:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/ebs/reception_en.html

If you have questions, please send me a PM or call me:
+49 241 9968183
So can see the english stream in MPEG4 format here:

http://www.optimalstream.net/external/ebs/

Postproduction Video recording of the conference

The greens what to publish a reader about software patents on monday,
and they what include parts of the conference as video on their webpage.
Please help with a postproduction that there will be good material that they
can use on Monday.
They what the speach of Daniel Cohn-Bendit and I found the speach of Marco
remakable, that this new law will kill medium-size IT-companies. I think 30
minutes or less would be fine.

BUT there was a problem with the sound, the orginal sound, Frensh and German
exist as seperatly MP3 and have to be combined with the MPG video.
The video itself needs a littel colour corretion (white balance) but this is
not so importatnt.

For information about this postproduction please see the archive of
http://lists.ffii.org/mailman/private/bxl/

Please be so kind and help with the postproduction and do not only
download the draft videos.

You can ask me via
news at RobertMichel.de
+49 241 9968183 (0h-24h)
But it could be that I be not reachable from 21.09. 12:00h- Monday.

Please become active independent from my feedback.

When you have a good server to store videos or a streaming server for populare
fromats, contact bxl at ffii.org

I`m sorry that I haven`t the equipment, software, knowledge to go on to make
this recording publishable.

Greetings
rob