Another excellent reason why laws for software need rewriting

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 19:48:20 UTC 2003

On 2003-09-09 19:38:34 +0100 Niall Douglas <s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod.com>
wrote:

This is an article headlined "Outsourcing: does it reward theft?"
which describes a poor situation of licence compliance amongst
outsourced service providers.  It questions why BigCorp doesn't
require licence compliance from its providers, but will still act
against anyone infringing its licences.

Quite a fun read, but the answer seems blindingly obvious: perceived
cost.

The solution is also good, as Niall seems to say: change the rules of
the game.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at