Question: So, is software patentable or not...

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at realmeasures.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 13 10:38:48 UTC 2003

There are signs that the letter writing campaign has had the effect of
getting some Ministers to stand up to their Patent Office reps.  The
Commission folks (and UK PTO) who conceived the hare-brained notion of the
"clarification of practice" that would clarify nothing while ratifying the
EPO's bogus practice, wanted a fast track approach, on the theory that many
amendments would not survive a second reading in the EU Parliament.  But
some national Ministers want to examine the amendments in detail.

Seth Johnson