Copyright assignment for potential future free software project

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Thu May 1 14:47:51 UTC 2003

First, I am not a lawyer.

You don't need that person to assign copyright to you. That person can
retain the copyright of what he/she does and publish it with the GPL.
From a legal point of view you might be in a better position if you get
the copyright assigned to you.

I recomend you to read the following question of the GPL FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AssignCopyright

--
João Miguel Neves <joao at silvaneves.org>