World Summit on the Information Society

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Wed Mar 19 10:28:29 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 15:15, Imran William Smith wrote:
> On an unrelated topic - could the FSF do something to
> raise the profile of the risk anyone involved in shared source
> / GSP is to further software development?  If we can make
> companies worried to employ people with a GSP / shared source
> history, because of possible future lawsuits from MS, then
> programmers know it's in their personal interests to refuse
> any GSP / shared source work.  I would like to see a question
> on IT recruitment forms asking if you've ever done GSP / shared
> source work worked.  Let's make these people 'untouchables'!

Do you have or are there evidence that MS could file lawsuits against
developers that read MS code?  Do you know people of governments that
actually read the final NDA and can tell us for sure that this would be
the case?  We need to find out for sure before we declare them
"untouchables", otherwise we run the risk of being called "names" :)

regards
stef