my distribution scheme for GPLed software

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Tue Mar 4 09:55:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

For those of you who might be interested, wrt my post in :

  http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2003-February/003775.html

As an experiment, I've implemented such a (somewhat modified)
distribution scheme for a project of mine, PyKota (print quota
solution for CUPS), as described on :

  http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/PyKota/Download/action_Download

The interesting thing is that it seems to work.

Considering that the project begins, that it has no real
documentation yet (command line help excepted), and that the public
is small (I think), I can say that (to my great surprise) in 15 days
I've already got one person who paid for the tarball, and several
others who will push for the person in charge (with money) to pay.

Out of the persons who told me they will certainely pay, one
excepted, they've already downloaded and used the CVS version.
(of course I know not all will pay)

I thought this may be of some interest to the readers of this list.

Could this be an ethically correct solution to make "some" money out
of Free Software ?

Comments, especially about the "ethically correct" part, are more
than welcome.

Jerome Alet