More info on the FLA?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed Feb 5 12:28:48 UTC 2003

Hello.
  I'm new to the list, let me know if this is the wrong
place for this post.

  Did the "Fiduciary Licence Agreement" just pop up out
of nowhere or was there any public discussion about it?

It's mostly just a european version of the FSFs copyright
assignment system right?

  RMS is not mentioned anywhere at all.  I know the FSF
is trying to promote itself as being "more than Richard"
but did this document really go through the a legal lifecycle
without it passing his gaze?

  I gather I should continue using the FSF-n.america assignment
system for existing GNU software packages but if I were to
write a new package who should I assign copyright to (FSF-na or
FSF-e)?

Would a unified (americano-europeano) contract not have been a better idea?

  Will there be an FSF-e presence at FOSDEM?
(kinda off-topic but it would be good to ask someone face to face)

Thanks for any info.
Ciaran O'Riordan.