GPL and Moral Rights

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Sun Aug 31 13:47:52 UTC 2003

Alex Hudson wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 11:27, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> > I think it's different. From what I heard no moral rights are involved
> > (actually, if any, moral rights of the author is about publishing again
> > and again).
>
> Indeed. Thinking about it, I guess I agree with you - although, I didn't
> realise Mein Kampf was some "banned" book (www.hitler.org, for example,
> seems to have a complete copy). However, as it was authored in 1925 (I
> think?) I would be guessing copyright doesn't have much say in the
> matter any more.

Incidentally I heard about it in a TV report the other day. They
said it was banned (more precisely, distribution is banned,
possession is not AFAIK) in Germany by the state of Bavaria using
copyright, but it's available in other countries (which seems
somewhat strange since copyright would apply world-wide, but perhaps
they choose to allow it abroad, or there are international
regulations or whatever ...). They also said the coypright will
expire in 2015 (70 years after author's death?), and they can't stop
it after then.

Frank

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de
http://fjf.gnu.de/