Most recent full copy of Directive on patentability of computer implemented inventions

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu Aug 14 16:45:00 UTC 2003

Hi Hartmut.

The Irish MEPs have replied to us saying:
"I'd rather fix the directive than just vote No, what must I do?"

What must we tell them, in order to get the result we want?

> > "Unless amendments X, Y, and Z are passed, you must vote No".

Does FFII know what X, Y, and Z are?

I am assuming that good amendments exist, and that they have
names or document numbers.

Can anyone tell me the list of names or document numbers that our
MEPs must vote Yes for?

Thanks.
Ciaran O'Riordan
P.S. Hartmut, thanks for your work in organising the EP conference
in may, it's what got me started lobbying our MEPs.

(I've re-read Xavier's mail but I don't see the answer.  I've spent
 hours on swpat.ffii.org and I can't find it there either.)