Actually, speaking of sharing ...

Wim De Smet fragmeat at yucom.be
Thu Aug 14 09:18:54 UTC 2003

On 14 Aug 2003 09:02:31 +0200
Simo Sorce <simo.sorce at xsec.it> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 02:20, Niall Douglas wrote:
> > But the days of the European & American C++ coder are numbered.
> > Globalisation enforces no other logical choice. Since globalisation
> > would have a few western management execs and everything else
> > outsourced to the cheaper third world, it'll have to break someday.
>
> Probably after some years, there will raise autonomous comanies in
> India, China, etc ... that will stop sending money to western
> managers, and start to make their own business competing (and winning)
> the western companies.
>
> Simo.

On the other hand the big advantage those companies now have over the
western (cost-effectiveness) will slowly be reduced once the standard of
living starts increasing by a more succesful economy. And off course it
is not at all sure if none of the western nations (especially the US)
won't take any protective measures (the way it is now with steel,
farming, etc).

Just a thought,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein