[Fwd: EDRI-gram - Number 6, 9 April 2003]

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at sibs.pt
Mon Apr 14 16:52:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 15:47, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> We tried to make a representation of the four basic freedoms as
> described at http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.html that is
> suitable for a law.  If you have a better one, that would be nice. :)

In Portugal, we suggested (and it was accepted by the proposing party):

                              Article 3rd
                            (Free Software)

It is considered Free Software that which has a license of usage that
assures it's user, without adicional costs, the possibility to run the
program for any purpose redistribute copies; study how it works and
adapt it to the user's needs; and change it and publish those changes;
being a requisite for these faculties the access to the source code.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?