Some actions the Bulgarian Free Software Assotiation

Anton Zinoviev anton at lml.bas.bg
Wed Apr 9 15:08:33 UTC 2003

Hi!

As I announced on 22 November we (Free Software Association -- Bulgaria)
and the Bulgarian Center for the Study of Democracy (this is another
non-governmental organisation) were going to organise a discussion
about the free software and how it can be used in the public
administration.  This discussion took place on 21 January and it was a
success.  Many decision-making officers participated as well as
journalists.  The discussion had effect on the press and one of the
best daily papers for busyness people devoted a whole page for free
software.

We wrote and sent to the press official position on the Microsoft
Government Security Program.

We actively support a project initiated by the "Red House" and
"Interspace" (these are non-governmental organisations).  The project
aims all non-governmental organisations in Bulgaria to use only free
software.

We worked together with two members of the Parliament of Bulgaria and
as a result a project for a law on the free software will be discussed
in the Parliament.  The text of the proposed law is here:
http://fsa-bg.org/pipermail/discussion/2003-April/001014.html

We announce our initiative openfest.org.  Each year there will be an
OpenFest -- a feast of the free software.  More on
http://www.openfest.org.

Anton Zinoviev