1st Free Software Trophies competition

Olivier Berger oberger at april.org
Thu Sep 26 09:14:57 UTC 2002

[resent since it did not pass trough for some unknown reason]

Hi.

I'd like to let you know (remind you, for those who had come to the
Libre Software Meeting, maybe ?)  that we're organising, with Soissons
Technopole, the 1st edition of the LIBRE SOFTWARE TROPHIES (Les
Trophées du Libre), an international Free Software Competition.

Details on http://www.tropheesdulibre.org/main.php?lang=en

The competition is free and open to any Free Software author, and closes
februray 15th 2003.

The winner of each category will win a trophy, and a server (and a
trip to France, the trip being offered also to the 2 other finalists
in each category).

The goal is to promote Free Software in various fields for the end
users, trough an international competition, and would be a great way
to make your projects recognised (employers, sponsors, etc.).

Categories :

   * Games : Arcade, MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online
     Role-Playing Games), strategy, thought processes, ...

   * Applications for Public Agencies : Interoperability of data among
     administrations, GIS, e-government, Intranet, ...

   * Company Management : ERP, CRM, merchandising management,
     bookkeeping, GroupWare, Workflow, ...

   * Educational : E-learning, e-publication, specific distribution,

   * General Public : Office, multimedia, desktop, personal
     accounting, stock market, ...

   * Accessibility : Writing and voice recognition, free software use
     facilitation, ...

As you can see, it's a pretty wide range of applications, so you have
all chances to find yours ;)

APRIL and FSF Europe (Chapter France) are among the partners of the
competition (along with MandrakeSoft, Bull, Sun, France Telecom R&D,
and other local companies or organisations).

I was told that St Ignucius might be there to honour the winers ;)

Don't hesitate to enter the competition (registration really easy),
and spread the word to your fellow programmers.

If you need more info, please let me know, and I'll send it to the
organizers.

Best regards,

P.S.: address any remarks about translations and other details of the
website to info at tropheesdulibre.org... as we're mostly only
french-speaking folks things may sound weird to you ;)

--
Olivier BERGER (OpenPGP: 1024D/B4C5F37F) - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)