RFC: New business modell for free software development

service at metamodul.com service at metamodul.com
Fri Sep 13 18:55:18 UTC 2002

Its looks like that i was not precise enough..
The GPSA  - General Public Support Agreement - is a business contract and not a license. I
have thoughts about a GPSA License but these thought are at a pretty early state.

The reason for the GPSA is that the GPL gives a kind of freedom for the software community
but the GPL is not able to feed a software developer. For me its something like the
situation for the slaves in america after the american civilian war. They were free - they
had the american constitution - but they had nothing to live for so they went back to be a
"free slave" ( worker ).

My intention is to let worker ( software developer, musician ... ) have a live where they
can stay free as it/they can be.
So it would be nice if you could review the text in that context.

With kind regards
Hajo Ehlers

P.S Please excuse if i should offend anybody. English is not my mother tongue.