Danish report on Free Software experiments

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Sun Oct 27 02:32:49 UTC 2002

Danish Board of Technology: Public administration can save billions
using Open Source software
http://lwn.net/Articles/13301/

I found this abstract on Free Software by the Danish public
administration very interesting. And at least in Portugal it would be
very interesting to have such a report right now (a law proposal for the
use of Free Software in the portuguese public administration is going to
be voted in the parliament).

I've contacted the responsible person (Jan Opstrup Poulsen
<jop at Tekno.dk>) and he told me that they are seeking funding to
translate it to english.

The danish report is at
http://www.tekno.dk/pdf/projekter/p02_open-source-rapport.pdf

Is it possible to help with this effort ? I have asked how much funding
they are seeking, but I haven't received an answer yet. Is there someone
who understands danish that would be able to donate some time to this
task ?

--
						João Miguel Neves