Trying to speak about "logiciel libre"

Loic Dachary loic at gnu.org
Thu May 16 09:23:25 UTC 2002

Jaime E . Villate writes:

 > translation of "free software" and "sources ouvertes" or something
 > else should be used to translate "open source".

	Right. In france, people who insist on speaking about Open
Source use the english word. I've only rarely heard people using a
french translation of Open Source (sources ouvertes).

	We often face people talking about Open Source but using the
word Logiciel Libre. This is confusing and we try to fix their
mistake. The usual answer is : this is my idea of what Logiciel Libre
is and who are you to claim that it is otherwise ?

	Cheers,

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org
75010    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 07 97          loic at gnu.org